CHF Grand Historian Award (GHA)
Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:13 PM
The "Grand Historian Award" is a bimonthly award to a non-staff member who is recognised for his contribution to this community. It was designed to be a reward system for active members to encourage them to contribute to this community.
How the award works?
You nominate ONE member to receive the award, during the nomination period. To nominate just PM a Staff Member with the name and a valid reason for the nomination. If you nominate more than one member, the nominations will not be accepted. The nomination period lasts from the 1st to the 15th of the second month of each GHA cycle, while voting commences on the 15th and ends on the 1st day of the subsequent month.
To keep the GHA thread active during voting periods, three things should happen:
1. The CHF Staff should make comments to put the GHA thread on the "View New Posts" page.
2. Whoever opened the voting should post a reminder two days befor the end of voting.
3. Forummers, if they feel inclined, could also bump the thread by making a comment.
Nominees will be put into a list on this thread by Admins, along with the reasons given by nominators, but the names of nominators will not be revealed. Voting is done via a poll on this thread- all nominees start with 0 votes, and the one with most votes at the end of the month will receive a custom title (an award) in the form of a graphic
that is permanent (CHF Grand Historian Award). All votes are the same, no one vote counts more than another.
When voting you should consider these things.
Is the nominee active on the forums? Does he/she make meaningful topics and take time to make detailed replies to topics/threads?
Does the nominee follow this board's rules? While members who have received minor warnings or have a low warning percentage will still be eligible for the award, members who have consistently broken forum rules and accumulated a high warning level should not be nominated for this award.
Has he/she taken the time to contribute to CHF? If a person has contributed to our projects or translated some articles for us and you think he/she deserves the award for that, please go ahead and vote for that person.
You must provide a valid reason why you have chosen this specific person(s). If there is no reason given or your reason is not considered a valid one by Admins (e.g. it is based on trivial criteria), your nomination will not be accepted.
Please take note that Post Count and Joined Date do not matter at all. If you feel a new member has been impressive over the past month, then you are welcome to nominate him or her.
All the posts for the previous voting thread will be deleted once that month is over to keep this thread neat and organized.
Note that this award pertains only to non-staff members (i.e. forummers). A past recipient of the award cannot be nominated again.
Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:05 AM
September 2004- Kulong and Janz
October 2004- Liang Jieming
November 2004- TMPikachu
December 2004- Snowybeagle
January 2005- Wufei
February 2005- æµªæ·ËœéÅ¸³
March 2005- lobster
April 2005- formerly Imperial Marshal Mok - refer to note 1
May 2005- Daniel
June 2005- Alexander39
July 2005- Kenneth
August 2005- formerly Sephodwyrm - refer to note 2
September 2005 - Bao Pu
October 2005 - Fcharton
November 2005 - Altaica Militarica
December 2005 - Thomas Chen
January 2006 - Urofpersia and Warhead
February 2006 - Jiangji
March 2006 - Fire Hand Judge
April 2006 - Qrasy
May 2006 - Iamnick
June 2006 - formery DaMo - refer to note 5
July 2006 - Lifezard
August 2006 - Wang Yun
September-October 2006- Non-Han Nan Ban - refer to note 2
November-December 2006- Xu_huang and Anthrophobia
January-February 2007 - Naruwan
March-April 2007 - Richard Lim - refer to note 4
May-June 2007 - Kaiselin
July-August 2007 - Kimchee
September-October 2007 - Boleslaw I
November - December 2007 - Fireball
January - February 2008 - sylvester
March - October 2008 - on hiatus- refer to note 6
1. Imperial Marshal Mok's title for April GHA has been replaced with "CHF Moderator" after she became a staff member in March 2006.
2. Starting from September 2006, the GHA was changed from a monthly award to a bimonthly award, to give members more time to assess the nominees. Also, Non-Han Nan Ban joined the Staff Team August 2007.
3. Iamnick's title for May GHA has been replaced with "CHF Moderator" after he became a staff member in Nov 2006. But he resumed his GHA title again after resigning from staff in July 2007.
4. Richard Lim's title has been replaced with "CHF moderator" after he became a staff member in July 2007.
5. DaMo's title has been replaced with "CHF Moderator" after he became a staff member in March 2007
6. There was a hiatus from March to October 2008. The awards will re-commence December 2010.
Edited by General_Zhaoyun, 09 February 2011 - 11:42 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users