CHF celebrates its 4th Year Anniversary of opening
Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:22 PM
Today, CHF celebrates its 4th year Birthday.
I'm please to inform you that China History Forum is 4 years old now. We were officially opened on the 1st of June 2004 and today, we have just passed our 4th year of running. We have gone quite a long way in being a leading premier online portal for learning and discussing chinese history/culture. Today, our reputation is not just known across the internet, it is also well-known in the academic circles in the university, esp. history departments, asian studies or chinese studies (sinology) department.
On behalf of all staffs, I would like to thank all members and staffs for the continuous support and contribution to this great community.
Overview of CHF
Back in 2006, we have run into quite a number of adminstration problems when large influx of extremists and troublemakers used to disrupt the peace in CHF. This was quite a common problem faced by online forum. But by late 2006, we have managed to solve this problem through the introduction of our imperial exam system. By 2007, we have managed to keep out these troublemakers and enabled peace to be effected across CHF. By second half of 2007, the exemption plan was further introduced to allow university academics (Professor), talented artist and beginners to participate in the forum without going through the exams.
This reform in our exam policy in 2007 has achieved a number of targets:
1. The quality of posting is well-maintained or even refined
2. More members are now educated in Chinese History/Culture as they participate in the studying process in order to become scholar members.
3. Beginners no longer need to worry about exams in order to participate in CHF because of exemption plan
4. Specialists can come to CHF to participate without the need to sit for exams.
In the first half of 2008, we have also achieved two major feats:
1. Firstly, the Han Lin Academy of China History Forum has finally completed the design of our Juren exam, the next higher level exam after Xiucai Exam. To date, there are already more than 20 Juren Scholars in CHF.
2. The Editorial Board was officially established and became part of CHF staffs. A reform in administration was undertaken and Kaiselin was appointed to take charge as Chief Editor of the editorial board. Other than "newsletter", a new online academic journal called 'Han Lin Journal' was launched . So far, Kaiselin and her team of editors/columnists have done a very good job in the research, editing and publishing of these works. Two editions of publishing for online academic journal have already been done and they represent marks of high quality writing and research undertaken by CHF (kudos and thanks to Kaiselin and her team)
CHF's membership continued to increase at steady rate and more new scholar members are produced. To date, we already have more than 400 Xiucai scholars in CHF and this figure is likely to increase further.
Although traffic has dropped over the past few weeks (due to seasonal fluctuations arisen from school holiday), it is predicted to pick up momentum after June this year. CHF does not encounter any major problems and the prospect for the next half of year looks to be good.
China History Forum
Happy Birthday to China History Forum!
"夫君子之行：靜以修身，儉以養德；非淡泊無以明志，非寧靜無以致遠。" - 諸葛亮
One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. If you are not simple and frugal, your ambition will not sparkle. If you are not calm and cool, you will not reach far. - Zhugeliang
Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:01 PM
Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:30 PM
Here's to four great years and many more to come.
You can only go halfway into the darkest forest; then you are coming out the other side.
Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:29 AM
Jung Guk Yeok Sa Non Dan, Saeng I-Reul Jin Shi-Meu Ro Chu-Ka Hamnida
Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:40 AM
Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:07 AM
Thanks to General_Zhaoyun for having the vision and making it become a great forum.
Here's to four great years and many more to come.
I've been here seven months so far and its been a wonderful addition to my life let alone my studies. Thanks and Happy Birthday CHF!! =)
Indeed, here's to many many more =)
*salutes GZY* Wan Sui, Oh Emperor!
Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:11 AM
China History Forum, สุขสันต์วันเกิด!(sňok-săn wan gčrt)
Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:57 AM
A big thank you to GZ and all the others who've kept the dream alive through thick and thin.
Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:39 AM
I had begun to cherish words excessively for the space they allow around them, for their tangencies with countless other words that I did not utter. Andre Breton
Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:17 PM
And a big thank you to all who keep this place (my favourite forum) intact. Hopefully there will be many more birthdays to come.
"Mighty Thor grips the snake firmly by it's tongue, lifts his hammer high to strike soon his work is done.
Vingthor sends the guardian snake bleeding to the depths, twilight of the thunder god Ragnarök awaits!"
Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:41 PM
Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:56 AM
Secondly, a big THANK YOU to General Zhaoyun.
I really enjoy this forum.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users