Unfortunately, we both are.
The Chinese were slaves, mind you. Slaves don't deserve more than their masters. It was the Malays that controlled the tin mines. They get Chinese slaves to do the work for them.
The British only improved the mining process and the economy by bringing in machines. The British even used coolies but those poor souls didn't get any credits. Care to explain that?
That I can't argue with you. It's true that the British improved the economy.
The situation is pretty much the same. The only thing is, there were more job opportunities in the past compared to the present (Malaysia). The Malays continued living a traditional lifestyle in the past and that did not pose a problem for the slaves to get jobs in developed areas (ports/mines/shops). It's the 21st century, the Malays are out from their kampungs and into the cities. NOW that's the problem we're talking about.
Yes, it's true. Everyone is important. The country can't survive without the immigrants but we shouldn't be too cocky either. Without this place, where would the Chinese go? The Chinese faced many difficult situations in life and this is one of them. For now, we should be grateful for what we have. We can't always get what we wished for.
Who's demanding anything and who's cocky, we are just trying to set history right. Chinese in Malaysia have been reduced to a minority
and are barely getting by. The future looks dim and if unchecked is unhealthy for everyone going as it is Ina's way.
1) At this moment the Chinese no longer control the economy.Are they in the key sectors like oil and gas or logistics or finance for eg?
2) No one is demanding anything,it is a matter of forgetting the past and moving on to a brave new world instead of blaming others for own
shortcomings. We should not allow others to demoralise us.
3) Why make excuses,call a spade a spade,do people of Thailand blame other people for their shortcomings and make huge demands?
4) Who were the people who built towns like Kuala Lumpur ? Who invested in the development of the country?etc. etc.Who were the early
Engineers,professionals etc who pioneered the development of the country?
5) Where would the Chinese go? Many of them have gone many places since the 70s.
6) Be grateful for a slow lingering death? We pay taxes and dont get much of it in return.its Ok in the 70s but today dont we think
we ought to get a better deal. A lot of people are getting rich,are they giving back to their own people?
7) All I am saying is that we need to be careful how the country is run, all the while with the Chinese presence we are doing OK,
we dont want irrational people to run it out of course until it becomes like Zimbabwe,very calculative and protective where everyone is a
We need to know where to draw the line so that the country is properly run, I hope you know your Constitution. The country does not
disallow you from deciding how the country is to be run, you have a choice.