An antivirus is a software or program that is created to protect, search, detect and delete any virus or malware present in the Computer. It is not recommended to have a computer without antivirus software as it may lead to getting infected by a virus. There are many antivirus software available and avast in one of the free antivirus software. In this article, we are going to show you different ways to uninstall avast antivirus from your windows and mac without facing any problem.
Uninstall using Windows Settings:
This is the easiest step to uninstall any software from the Computer. Just follow the steps given below to uninstall.
- Press the Windows Start button on the bottom left corner.
- Then press the Settings icon.
- It will take you to the Windows settings window, then click the Apps icon.
- On the next page, select apps and features button then search for avast.
- Then right-click on it then click uninstall.
- Once the antivirus has been uninstalled, you have to restart Computer to make the uninstall to take into effect.
You can get to the Windows setting Window by pressing the Windows key + i.
Uninstall using Control Panel:
- Type control panel in the start search bar and click the control panel icon.
- Then under programs, select the Uninstall Program. This will take you to the next Window.
- In the next Window, search Avast and click uninstall/repair.
- Wait for the uninstall to get completed and click finish.
- Restart your Computer for the uninstallation to get into effect.
Sometimes you may get an error showing the current program is running, and you can’t uninstall the program. In that case, right-click on the taskbar and select task manager. You will get a list of applications running in your Computer then select Avast and press end task. After this, you can uninstall the software from the Control Panel with no obstacle.
Uninstall using Avastclear uninstall tool:
- Download Avastclear tool from the internet, then only this method will work.
- After downloading, run and install the Avastclear tool.
- After installing, open the avastclear tool and select the folder where Avast Antivirus is installed currently.
- Then click uninstall, after the process is over restart the Computer.
Uninstall through menu bar:
This is the easiest and preferred method; just follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Avast menu bar on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select open Avast from the dropdown menu.
- Click avast security from the menu bar. Then,
- Click uninstall from the uninstall avast option.
- Wait for the process to finish and click quit.
Sometimes it may ask for permission of the administrator just enter the user id and password, then you are good to go.
Uninstall using avast security:
This method of uninstallation uses additional software. This software is an acclaimed Avast security tool, and it can be downloaded from the
Avast website. Don’t forget to download the mac version of the software other versions won’t work.
- After downloading, open the setup file.
- From the dropdown menu, select uninstall Avast.
- Then click uninstall.
- If your mac has multiple users, it may ask for administrator permission — just login in as administrator.
- Once the process is over, click quit.
In this article, we have shown you the different ways to uninstall avast antivirus program from your windows and mac. There are many antivirus software in the market. You can choose any program as you desire, but be sure to have one, or else it may result in virus affection your files on the Computer or even lead to hacking into your Computer.